Now in its 19th year, Higher Ideas is the comprehensive resource for exploring higher education options.
One subscription covers your whole site.
Free demo version available to try before you buy.
- What higher education courses connect with my interests and school subject choices?
- What do those courses cover?
- What are my options?
- Where can I study?
- What qualifications might I need?
- How can I find out more?
Higher Ideas answers all these questions and many, many more. You can try Higher Ideas for free now.
Higher Ideas is available as a site licence which covers every student and staff member at your site and from home for just £185 + VAT per annum. If you're an adviser, and would like to take Higher Ideas wherever you go, then a personal licence is also available.
New for 2016-17
- Higher Ideas has been updated with courses for 2017 entry.This year's Higher Ideas has details for over 41,000 courses. We are pleased to have grades information for over 95% of those this year, helping students choose what's appropriate for them.
- 2017 entry uses the new UCAS tariff. The UCAS tariff for 2017 entry is different to the tariff that has been used previously. Higher Ideas contains a factsheet to explain the changes, and course details have been updated to use the new tariff.
- All factsheets reviewed and new factsheets added. We've reviewed and revised all of the factsheets in Higher Ideas. As well as changing them for the new tariff, we have updated them for things like new rates for grants and loans, and significant changes in some areas of HE.
For full details please see our autumn newsletter.
Higher Ideas internet login
If you have a current subscription or evaluation for Higher Ideas, you can sign in using an access code or your personal login details (see the email we sent you when you subscribed).
Try Higher Ideas for free
If you're not a subscriber yet you can still use the Higher Ideas demo straight away for restricted access to Higher Ideas.
Or better still, contact us today and ask for a one-month free evaluation licence to access the full product on DVD or on the internet. Try it with your target user group and see how they benefit from using Higher Ideas.
Why is Higher Ideas different?
Search for courses by topic, not just by name. Only Higher Ideas groups courses by topic rather than by name. So you can search for courses by what they’re about, not just what they’re called.
Search for courses by where they’re done, not by who offers the degree. Sounds easy doesn't it? Find me all the courses done at a location. Only Higher Ideas organises courses by where they’re done, rather than by the awarding body.
Get inspired about courses related to your interests. Not sure what course you might like to do? Tell Higher Ideas about your interests, and Higher Ideas will make lots of targeted and inspiring suggestions about areas of study.
Discover new course combinations. Two-thirds of degree courses now on offer combine two or more topics. Only Higher Ideas shows you what other topics can be studied in combination with your chosen topic.
Want to find out more about what Higher Ideas can do for you? Then view the online demo of Higher Ideas.
How Higher Ideas helps students find out, evaluate, and choose
Higher Ideas will help you to:
- Find courses appropriate to your interests, career ambitions, and current studies.
- Evaluate and compare various learning paths by using the expertly researched study areas.
- Search for universities and colleges by study topic.
- Refine your searches by UK region.
- Make enquiries by writing letters and emails from within the program.
Higher Ideas links in with Careersoft’s Job Explorer Database (Jed) where installed and licensed.
Use Higher Ideas from home
Your Higher Ideas licence allows your students to use Higher Ideas on the internet from home.
Complies with W3C accessibility guidelines.
Higher Ideas is available as a site licence which covers every student and staff member at your site for just £185 + VAT per annum. For the average size of UK secondary school, that works out at less than 21p per student per year, for a whole year of independent expert careers information.
If you're an adviser and would like to take Higher Ideas wherever you go, then a personal licence is also available.
Last updated 7 October, 2016