Using Careersoft products from the internet
Careersoft products are easy to use from the internet
Careersoft products can be used from the internet without installing anything. For Higher Ideas, Cybervisit, and LessonStart, the internet version is the same as the installed version. businessmaker+ is currently only available on the internet. For Jed and First Jed, there are the following differences:
- Text-to-speech is available on the internet version of Jed, but not in the installed version
- The localization feature for adding your own pictures and videos to Jed is available in the installed version, but not in the internet version
There are two ways; choose what's best for your situation
There are two ways to access the product from the internet:
- Use your licensed web link. Your users can then just click on the link or button you made for them. That will take them straight into the product, licensed for you. If you have the ability and authority to set up links on your computer Desktops, All Programs menu, or on an private intranet or VLE or similar, this is probably the way to go.
- Use an eight-character Access Code. Your users go to the sign-in site and enter the eight-character Access Code for your establishment. Not quite as easy for the user as a clickable link, but it requires absolutely no setup at all.
Details of each are shown below.
Using your licensed web link
To use the product from the internet in this way, you need your licensed web link. Your licensed web link has a special sequence of letters and numbers in it which identifies it as belonging to you, so that you can use the products for which you are licensed.
You may have been sent your licensed web link in an email when you first subscribed. If you don't already have your licensed web link, the licence holder (Careersoft's named contact for your licence) should contact Careersoft. Remember to quote your customer reference number from your licence details letter when contacting us.
Your licensed web link can be set up as a desktop icon, a link on your intranet, or however you usually access links to the internet. See the information on publishing your links for more information on how to set these up.
Using your Access Code
Your Access Code is made up of eight letters and numbers and is unique to your establishment. If you don't have your Access Code yet, the licence holder (Careersoft's named contact for your licence) should contact Careersoft. Remember to quote your customer reference number from your licence details letter when contacting us.
You and your students use your Access Code like this:
- Visit the Careersoft home page by searching for 'Careersoft' with any search engine or typing www.careersoft.co.uk into your browser address bar.
- Look for the 'sign in' link on the home page and click on it.
- On the sign-in page, enter your eight-character Access Code for your establishment, and follow the instructions.
If you have any problems, then please contact us.
Please don't put your licensed web link or Access Code on your public website or publish it in any way where people other than students, clients, or staff of your establishment can see it. Your licensed web link and Access Code are private to your establishment only. If the Careersoft servers see that other places are using your link or code for free access on your licence, they will deactivate it. By using the link or code you agree to adhere to the terms of the Careersoft licence agreement.
Last updated 22 September, 2015