Publishing your links
Having installed your product, or set up your unique private internet link, you now need some way of telling the clients on your network where to find it.
Here are some ways of doing this. In all cases you will need to know the link (URL) for connecting to it across your network.
If you're using the installed product, this was displayed during the installation process. It can also be found from the 'links' tab of the Careersoft Network Components manager in Control Panel (on XP systems you may need to click to view the 'Other Control Panel Options' section of Control Panel to see it, In Windows 7 search for 'Careersoft').
If you're using the internet version of the product, the link was displayed after you entered your establishment name and authorisation code.
The following suggestions may prove useful:
- Creating a URL shortcut. You can then add the URL shortcut to the user's Desktop or Start menu using a the URL link file in a similar way to adding a shortcut to an .exe file.
- Add the link as a 'Favorite' to the client browsers using the Group Policy of your Active Directory
- Add the link to your local intranet pages
- Adding the link using a batch file or logon script
- RM Connect only: Adding the link to the Shortcut Bank
Page date 30/01/13