We produce regular newsletters, updates and briefings about what's happening here at Careersoft and in the wider world of CEIAG. The most recent of these can be found in the news section of our website.
Older newsletters, such as the one below, contain interesting stories, however some of the information contained within them may be out of date. Please check any information carefully before making a decision based on it.
All our subscription products were updated in the summer, here's a summary of the latest changes.
Jed 2015-16 edition
- New jobs added and existing jobs reviewed and updated
- 24 new video case studies, including product designer, web team leader, dog walker, and helicopter pilot; now 325 in total
- Over 240 new job pictures; now 3,400 in total
- New factsheets added, including choices at 14+, 16+, 18+
Updated for recent changes to teaching and assessment of GCSEs and A-levels.
There is an A-levels factsheet within Jed, which outlines the changes to A and AS levels (go to the Help link at the bottom of any page, then go to Factsheets, then Choices at 16+, then A-levels). We've updated lots of references within the text of jobs, too.
At the moment we still refer to GCSE grades A*-C within the job text, and wherever we do it is hyperlinked to an explanatory note about the new numbered grades. If you want to see our definitions, go to a job like company accountant in Jed, go to the training & tips section, and the 16+ tab of that. The items with a green dotted line under them are linked to glossary entries. Click on A*-C to see the relevant glossary entry. The first GCSE cohort to be graded using the new system will be taking their exams in 2017. Jed will be updated at that time to reflect the new system.
Higher Ideas 2015-16 edition
- Higher Ideas has been updated with courses for 2016 entry
- Information has been revised and updated
- The factsheet section has been expanded greatly. It now includes over 70 factsheets about choices, universities, and degrees. These include a factsheet about the new UCAS tariff, which is being introduced for students applying to start university in September 2017.
- The factsheets are organised into a number of categories, such as: choices at 16+, what to study for your degree, where to study for your degree, paying for your degree, and workplace experience. As with Jed, Higher Ideas has been updated to reflect the recent changes to A-levels.
businessmaker+ autumn update
Updates to businessmaker+ include the changes arising from the summer budget. These include new thresholds, new rules on dividends, and information about the national living wage to be introduced next April. It has also been updated to include new legislation, such as the new rules introduced by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which came into force on 1 October.
businessmaker+ is updated regularly throughout the year as rules and regulations for small businesses change.
Last updated 10 November, 2015