Job Explorer Database - Features
- Information on 857 jobs (over 2500 career titles)
- Revised and updated throughout the year
- Accessible easy-to-read essential job information
- Further in-depth information about each job
- Pay graph for each job, showing how pay changes with experience
- Qualification requirements and training pathways information for each job, organised to make it easy to find what you need at 14+, 16+ and 18+
- Work experience information for each job
- Labour market information for each job
- Over 340 high quality video case studies - see people doing their jobs, not just talking about them
- Over 3500 pictures of real people doing real jobs
- Factsheets explaining various job explorer topics
- Quizzes to suggest where to start looking
- Top-tens and on-this-day – fun new ways into jobs
- My Jed record. All-in-one page showing students' complete quiz answers, notes, and job suggestions. Save your quiz and notes to resume from later. Print out and keep as a record of your work.
- Jed profiles. Create customised versions of Jed to use with different user groups.
- Links to Higher Ideas (additional licence required) for suggestions on related higher education courses
- All-in-one print page. Get all the information you want about a job in a single printout.
- Glossary. Pop-up definitions for key words in the text.
- Treasure Hunts. Engage your users with collaborative games.
- Add your own web links. Include links to your Local Area Prospectus, Careers Service, or other links you choose.
- Help videos. Short movies that show how to use Jed.
- Text to speech. Feature reads the on-screen text out loud (internet only).
- Use at home. Home access for students on your subscription.
- One subscription covers your whole site (site licence only)
- Access from anywhere (personal licence only)
- Install it, or use your subscription from the internet.
- First Jed. Included with Jed is First Jed.
- Complies with W3C accessibility guidelines
New for 2019-20
- Improvements to how Jed does videos. They work, without plugins, on all browsers that come with recent versions of Windows, Chromebook, and Apple (including iPad). The videos now are a bit bigger too (higher resolution), for more detail at all screen sizes, including projectors and big screens.
- Existing jobs reviewed and new ones added including drone pilot, sports journalist and learning officer.
- New videos and picture sets including drone pilot and classical musician.
- All factsheets reviewed. New factsheets added about T-levels, Scottish Highers and Advanced Highers, and Further Education.
For full details of what's new, please see our newsletter.
Find out more
Find out more about who uses Jed.
Last updated 23 October, 2019