Job Explorer Database - Features
- Information on 857 jobs (over 2500 career titles)
- Revised and updated throughout the year
- Accessible easy-to-read essential job information
- Further in-depth information about each job
- Pay graph for each job, showing how pay changes with experience
- Qualification requirements and training pathways information for each job, organised to make it easy to find what you need at 14+, 16+ and 18+
- Work experience information for each job
- Labour market information for each job
- Over 340 high quality video case studies - see people doing their jobs, not just talking about them
- Over 3500 pictures of real people doing real jobs
- Factsheets explaining various job explorer topics
- Quizzes to suggest where to start looking
- Top-tens and on-this-day – fun new ways into jobs
- My Jed record. All-in-one page showing students' complete quiz answers, notes, and job suggestions. Save your quiz and notes to resume from later. Print out and keep as a record of your work.
- Jed profiles. Create customised versions of Jed to use with different user groups.
- Links to Higher Ideas (additional licence required) for suggestions on related higher education courses
- All-in-one print page. Get all the information you want about a job in a single printout.
- Glossary. Pop-up definitions for key words in the text.
- Treasure Hunts. Engage your users with collaborative games.
- Add your own web links. Include links to your Local Area Prospectus, Careers Service, or other links you choose.
- Help videos. Short movies that show how to use Jed.
- Text to speech. Feature reads the on-screen text out loud (internet only).
- Use at home. Home access for students on your subscription.
- One subscription covers your whole site (site licence only)
- Access from anywhere (personal licence only)
- Install it, or use your subscription from the internet.
- First Jed. Included with Jed is First Jed.
- Complies with W3C accessibility guidelines
New for 2019-20
- Improvements to how Jed does videos. They work, without plugins, on all browsers that come with recent versions of Windows, Chromebook, and Apple (including iPad). The videos now are a bit bigger too (higher resolution), for more detail at all screen sizes, including projectors and big screens.
- Existing jobs reviewed and new ones added including drone pilot, sports journalist and learning officer.
- New videos and picture sets including drone pilot and classical musician.
- All factsheets reviewed. New factsheets added about T-levels, Scottish Highers and Advanced Highers, and Further Education.
For full details of what's new, please see our newsletter.
Find out more
Find out more about who uses Jed.
Last updated 9 September, 2019