Publishing your links
Having received your licensed web link, or installed the product from disc, you now need some way of telling the clients on your network where to find it.
Here are some ways of doing this. In all cases you will need to know the link (URL) for connecting to it across your network.
If you're using the internet version of the product, you should have received the link in an email from Careersoft when you purchased the product. If you don't already have your licensed web link, the licence holder (Careersoft's named contact for your licence) should contact Careersoft.
If you're using the installed product, the URL for accessing the product will have been displayed during the installation process. It can also be found from the 'links' tab of the Careersoft Network Components manager in Control Panel (In Windows 7 and later search for 'Careersoft').
The following suggestions may prove useful:
- Adding the link to your VLE. This is a great way of using your licensed web link on Virtual Learning Environments, e.g. Moodle
- Creating a URL shortcut on a computer. You can then add the URL shortcut to the user's Desktop or Start menu using a the URL link file in a similar way to adding a shortcut to an .exe file.
- Add the link as a 'Favorite' to the client browsers using the Group Policy of your Active Directory
- Add the link to your local intranet pages
- Adding the link using a batch file or logon script
- RM Connect only: Adding the link to the Shortcut Bank
- Adding to an iPad or iPod 'Home Screen'
Last updated 17 January, 2019