Publishing your links
Having installed your product you now need some way of telling the clients on your network where to find it.
Here are some ways of doing this. In all cases you will need to know the link for connecting to it across your network.
The following suggestions may prove useful:
- Creating a URL shortcut. You can then add the URL shortcut to the user's Desktop or Start menu using a the URL link file in a similar way to adding a shortcut to an .exe file.
- Add the link as a 'Favorite' to the client browsers using the Group Policy of your Active Directory
- Add the link to your local intranet pages
- Adding the link using a batch file or logon script
- RM Connect only: Adding the link to the Shortcut Bank
Last updated 24 April, 2015